Grant Ragan PTO FAQs
What is a PTO?
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. It is a voluntary organization bringing together parents and teachers. The goal of the PTO is to support Grant Ragan through fundraising, encouraging parent involvement, supporting teachers, and organizing family events.
Will I have to volunteer a lot of my time?
Only if you want to! One of the great aspects of the PTO is that you may volunteer one hour the whole year or many times throughout. You determine the amount of time you volunteer. The PTO wants to make certain you are comfortable with your volunteer choices. There are monthly PTO meetings held in the Grant Ragan Library the 1st Tuesday of the month. They are not required but are a great way to meet parents and educators. The PTO is dedicated to making certain these meetings last no more than one hour and are run efficiently.
What if I don’t know anyone on the PTO?
Don’t worry! The PTO is a great avenue for meeting other Grant Ragan parents and for getting to know the educators and the Principal. The PTO parents are extremely fun, laid back, and very welcoming to anyone new to the organization. You will feel right at home! The meetings are also a great way to have your voice heard.
What does the PTO do?
- Coordinates fundraisers to purchase books for the library, additional technology for the classrooms, new guided reading books, and other items needed for the school that couldn’t be funded by the operating budget.
- Sponsors Family Fun Night, tailgating party and other community building activities giving Grant Ragan Families a chance to meet each other and have a great time.
- Shows our gratitude to the teachers and staff during staff appreciation week.
- Develops the school yearbook, supports the Striders program, provides conference meals to our fabulous staff during conferences, and sponsors the Scholastic Book Fairs.
Why should I become an active member of the PTO?
For many reasons!
- It is a way to meet parents and educators and to feel connected to the school and community.
- It is a great way to have your voice heard and to help Grant Ragan continue to be an outstanding educational center.
- The PTO helps to raise funds for Grant Ragan to help purchase important items not covered in the school budget.
- Research shows that students with involved parents perform better in school, score better on standardized tests, have fewer behavioral problems, are less likely to use drugs and alcohol, and go to better colleges.
How do I become a member?
You already are! Simply having one or more children attending Grant Ragan automatically makes you a member of the PTO and there are no dues associated with this organization. Simply contribute however much time you would like to one or more of the committees. It’s that easy!
To share your interest in volunteering or ask any questions, please contact the PTO.
Who do I contact if I have questions about the PTO?
Please feel free to contact either one of the PTO Vice Presidents by e-mail at email@example.com with any questions you may have or to sign up for a committee. The VPs are here to help make your PTO experience a great one!
Christa LePorte and Meredith Herr
Grant Ragan PTO Vice Presidents
Like us on Facebook